Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dreaming Green

I've been dreaming green (planning on converting our first house into an energy efficient gem). Here are my thoughts and wishes.....
1. Sustainable heated bamboo floors (walnut)
2. All new Energy Star rated appliances
3. Stained concrete floors in the kitchen, bathrooms, sunroom and entry
4. Recycled glass countertops in kitchen and bathrooms
5. Solar panels
6. Grey water system that waters garden and flowers
7. Compact fluorescent light bulbs throughout the house
8. Programable thermostat
9. Vampire energy system
10. "Green" cleaning supplies
11. Re-used clawfoot tub
I'm sure there is more that we can do, but for now this where I am. I believe that doing what we can for our environment is an important thing. Doing this in a big city like Atlanta is not very popular but I think it is possible. We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment