Friday, April 10, 2009

Sweet Southern Spring




So spring is in the air down here in Atlanta! I posted some pictures of my favorite signs of spring. Up top are Dogwood flowers. To the left are Azaleas and to the left are Cherry Blossom trees. I think part of my love of the spring are the beautiful shades of pink (which is my favorite color) and the sweet smelling air. Our yard is alive and thriving. We have lots of Azaleas, Dogwoods and a beautiful Crabapple tree too. The only drawback I can find is that we also have TONS of yellow pollen.
Last spring Chris and I planted a vegetable garden which produced many peppers and tomatoes. I don't know if we will have time to do the same this year considering it is already April and we are both super busy.
Along with the change of seasons, spring also brings stress from the end of yet another semester. I was in Seattle presenting at a conference last week and had a blast but it is now time to focus on writing papers. I am looking forward to evening walks with Chris and the dogs, a few brief vacations, and the end of my residency study. Another bit of exciting news is that I will be spending most of the summer at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN for my internship! I am very excited to learn about research project managment and get some new experiences.












No comments:

Post a Comment